Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Babies?






































Why can't our kids stay little forever?! Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed each stage that Brianna and Riley have gone through, but I have wondered lately: HOW DID THEY GET SO BIG! Just the other day, we went shopping for school supplies. It was so weird to be shopping for BOTH of them!!! Riley has really blossomed into quite the young man over the summer. I had heard that boys do a lot of changing the summer before heading to Kindergarten, and boy has he! I am so proud of the kind, sweet, and gentle guy he is and find such joy in watching him interact with other kids. He definitely has his "boy" moments of hitting, kicking, or a temper tantrums, but when it really comes down to it, I couldn't ask for a better son. Brianna is also growing up quite rapidly and continues to amaze us with her insights and smarts. Sometimes it feels like she is so much older than she really is...God has blessed her with such wisdom and and understanding that is beyond her 7.5 years. We have had such a wonderful summer as Mommy prepares for an empty nest in just 2 short weeks from now.

I pray that my (our) parenting to this point has nurtured a good student, a child who is respectful, a kind friend, and a caring/generous heart in each of our kids. Thank you LORD for wisdom and understanding even when we "epically fail" as parents.

No comments: